Gouldian cocks with very long central tail feathers

Includes Species Profile.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was in the city for the weekend and poped into the petshop near Bunnings, just south east of South Lake, while hubby did Repco. They had two normal orange headed cock gouldians there. Well they were normal, except that they had the longest central tail feathers I have ever seen on gouldians. Was tempted, but at $50 a bird, a bit rich. When normal cocks are going for $15 round here at the moment. Would have gone to $30 happily. And I already have more cocks than hens. If anyone is interested, or knows where they source their stock? Central feathers approx 1.5 cm beyond the regular tail.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

finchbreeder wrote:Was in the city for the weekend and poped into the petshop near Bunnings, just south east of South Lake, while hubby did Repco. They had two normal orange headed cock gouldians there. Well they were normal, except that they had the longest central tail feathers I have ever seen on gouldians. Was tempted, but at $50 a bird, a bit rich. When normal cocks are going for $15 round here at the moment. Would have gone to $30 happily. And I already have more cocks than hens. If anyone is interested, or knows where they source their stock? Central feathers approx 1.5 cm beyond the regular tail.
LML
1.5cm (15mm) doesnt sound overly long when mine are sporting pintails 4.0cm plus (40mm to 50mm) ?? or around 2 inches in old measurement
:thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1.5cm beyond the end of the regular tail.
LML
LML
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Them guys I want V. They seem to be getting shorter round here.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dont know if you can see them as they are so fine...but here is a pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep that is what the ones I saw in the pet shop looked like. Tail wires almost as long as the rest of the tail. But I think yours are a longer even than the ones I saw. And a very nice looking bird too. So many I see these days seem to only have half that length. The longer wires just look that much more impressive.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That particular bird has reasonable wires...I have others where they are a bit longer...easy to tell when they are sitting as the wires are curled... :thumbup: :wave:

Return to “Gouldian”