new to aussie finch forum and computors

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
Craig52

finchbreeder wrote:Bad Craig. I have noticed two distict types of pieding on finches. Those that have flights and maybe a feather or two of pied. Most common type with Ruddies. And those that are light to heavily speckled with yellow most common with O/B's and Parroties. Interestingly enough the flights and a feather type seems to be most common where the pied feathers are white, and the speckled type seems most common where the pied feathers are yellow. Zebras and Javas however do not conform. That is why I asked.
LML
Oops,sorry FB but it goes by the under lining body colour,green,yellow pied and brown,white pied in most birds but not all.The true pied OB is white pied which bucks the trend and if it is yellow it generally moults out in a few moults.
I believe that Bills Saints might have a deficiency with that white across the wings which is very common in young saints,a pic could tell a better story in another topic.Sorry to be off topic. Cheers Craig :oops:
Bill

hi guys its bill ,my pied o/b have white patches on the backs of there wings the size of your thumbnail and white and yellow spots over head and back and I have had around 9pr for about 4 years now and mine don't lose colour and for the pied saints the white goes across the wing through all feathers like a stripe ,but I haven't had these birds before so I just have to wait till they breed and see what we get.
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Time for one of you to create a new topic to further discuss this :angel:
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”