moxidectin plus

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
gomer

Yes Ben you can.Practice on a cheap bird or two untill your confident.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
gomer

Did another test batch today.Being.
1 gould
2 blue faced parrot
4 mask
5 pictorella
3 crimson
I will be experiencing a loss using this I would say.All took it well by crop except the pictas.They seemed to be regurgitating it,About 5 mins after dosing.One blue face was hunched up on the concrete an hour after dosing. Six hours after dosing all but the blue face are looking normal.The blue face is looking in a very very bad way,It has had a dose of polyaid, And been put in the hospital cage.It may have died while I sit here.I will wait a few days before I am satisfied of no more looses.
cranberry

Sounds like an expensive lesson to learn. Why not give it to them in their drinking water? I was told that every finch (bar zebs) drink at least once a day.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At the height of my fish breeding I was advised to use "bird wormer " at a rate of 1ml to a litre of water , after 24 hours DO A 100% water change ...stupid me did it on all 12 tanks ( including my imported fighters) ...they all went to the surface within hours and even after changing the water several times what fish didnt die ended up with bent spines which resulted in slow deaths due to problems with the swim bladder and other organs.
Lesson learnt for me .....
No the fish werent allowed to suffer , once I knew there was no hope they were humanely put to sleep in the freezer. :(
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
gomer

To my amazement the blue face looks pretty good tonight.I was going to ring his neck yesterday,He was just laying there not moving barely breathing.And today he is 100% better.Will leave him in the hospital cage overnight again.
So that will be no casualties so far, But the pictas did not seem to take to it.Yeah your right to about lessons learnt,That's why I have done two small test groups so far and will continue this until 100% satisfied. So far its just the pictas i Have some concerns for.As far as drenching in the water I sometimes do it that way.But i still prefer to crop drench if catching up birds for some reason.As you get to do a physical on each bird as you catch them up.

Return to “Finch Health”