That's it I am over it, now time for action!

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
matcho

I have been a member of this forum for a few years and have seen numerous posts in regards to cats. I live in the inner west of Sydney and unfortunatley an old maltese neighbour a couple of doors down had a tabby that had kittens, he gave most away but those left over he kept and consequently over the years they and their off spring (meaning 10 or so) live in the local area. To cut a long story short the cats were trapped by a well meaning neighbour who is one sandwich short of a picnic, neutered by the local cat society and then released back on home ground, meaning my back yard per se. He feeds them every night in the laneway next to home. I must admit that they have caused me a bit of grief causing night frights, sh...ing in my garden and generally making the place stink etc but because I am a person who was a wanton killer when I was young and saw the light I would rather deter than kill. Today that changed, any moggy within 200 metres of my home is on notice. I have had for the past 7 months a Bourkes Parrot courtesty of my mum who is 80 years old. He was 20 years old, mum gave him to me to look after because she couldn't but he was Dads favourite. He has been gone for 16 years and to make things worse my home had some visitors Easter Monday arvo and took amongst other things all of my Dads jewellery that mum gave to me to give to my son when I pass. Came home this arvo and the door of the cage had been ripped out, feathers outside leading down the back deck. Not a good week, can't tell her that the jewellery is gone least of all the bird was eaten by a cat. I will have to lie and tell her that he just died of old age.

So here is the plan, tomorrow morning I am going to the local canal, catch up a few puffer fish, gut them and use the intestines, mainly the liver and gut mucus, mix with some sardines and feed the little devils tomorrow night. They wont $%^$ overnight.

The mods may edit this but I am filthy,

sorry for my rant but if I had not gotten rid of my #$$%%(*&(*%$%#@ this post wouldn't be here.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Ken.
Sime

I didn't not see or hear anything............................. :roll:
matcho

Sime wrote:I didn't not see or hear anything............................. :roll:
Love it.

Thanks Sime

Ken.
garyh

do what you have to do Ken,i hate cats and the people that let them roam free,garyh
fishtales

cats are vermin when let to roam free
Budgie_Smugglers

Sorry to hear that matcho...chin up M8 ! Like myself, sounds like you'll have an ongoing thing with the cats. They breed like RAbbits... :lolno: :lol: . I caught 11 in 20 days in a steel trap ! :thumbup: Ring the council, they will come pick em up. I just took the cats to them, so i didn't have the council van driving up and down the street every day ! :mrgreen:
elferoz777

Just drop the trap in the local canal with the cats in site. Empty after 5 mins then repeat.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Craig52

I feel for you Ken,do what you have to do mate. Craig :irked:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Condolences on the situation. As my 82 yr old mum was recently robbed and assaulted (sand in face while laying in bed at 3AM) in the house she has lived in since 1966. I have a very good idea how you feel.
LML
LML
Greg41

Sorry to hear that LML, give your mum my regards.Both types of predators should be treated the same way. :thumbdown:

Greg.
GDG

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”