Animal Trafficking In Thailand

Share your favourite books and links here.
GregH

Well it seems old habits die hard but I've yet to see a positive spin put onto the subject of aviculture in the media. Giving people what they want to believe is the best way to ensuring profit even in a non-profit organisation like the ABC. Not that I condone the scale and reasoning behind what is being shown but I do wonderwhy if it's acceptable to have sustainable wild harvest of fish why it's so bad for everything else? Are the vegans of PETA the only ones with integrity? Anyway have a look at this 7:30 Report.
arthur

Yes indeed . .

We get the tired old unsubstantiated cliches . . up there with the drug trade, weapons smuggling etc etc

The poor buggers in the clip didn't look too wealthy to me . .

But this is the tosh that the "current affairs/ reality" shows dish up with amazing regularity

Not that our state/ federal fauna "authorities(?)" are beyond getting a little bit of self promotion by exposing "million dollar fauna rackets" when someone is busted for some usually petty breach

But don't get me started . . :shh:
MadHatter

Integrity? PETA?!?! Surely you jest! :wtf:
Those are two words that do not belong in the same sentence, excepting when a negative modifier is inserted between the two.
GregH

Oh I agree - a total bunch of loons but they appear to have consistent application of their delusional insight into animal welfare.
MadOzzie

I belong to PETA

That is: People Eating Tasty Animals.

MadOzzie
MadHatter

GregH wrote:Oh I agree - a total bunch of loons but they appear to have consistent application of their delusional insight into animal welfare.
Have you seen this?: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd say their so-called 'ethics' are highly suspect.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since 1998 it has gotten progressively worse ...93% kill rate .

Does that mean that 93% of animals that come into their care are so badly abused or so sick and totally beyond rehabilitation ?

I think not .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
GregH

I'm afraid they come from a different planet to us where death is preferable to captivity and no other being has the right to enslave another - ie there can be no livestock, pets or companions outside ones own species and even then the world would be bett off without people according to them. In moments of despair I might think that but it's nothing that a dose of Zoloft or Prozac can't fix!
arthur

Spreading pigeon virus now threatens native birds, says chief vet

by: Pia Akerman
January 10, 201212:00AM

THE country's head vet has warned that the virus killing pigeons around Melbourne could mutate and spread to native birds.

The paramyxovirus, which is well established among pigeons in the US and Europe, is believed to have entered Australia on a smuggled bird or egg last year.

Couldn't be because of a pigeon legally imported under policy that allowed pigeon importation after stopping parrot entry . . AND never allowing finches/ softbills??????

No . . must have been smuggled by those irresponsible 'birdkeepers'

Government departments don't make mistakes :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Return to “Books And Links”