Zebra Females!!

Includes Species Profile.
nick88

Hi Guys,

I have got 2 pairs of Zebra Finches in a 2.5mx1.5m aviary and I have recently noticed that the 2 females are chasing each other around an awful lot.

I was just wanting to know if this is normal? I have nests in there but im unsure if they have any eggs as yet I havent cheked the nesting sites.

Most of the chasing happens when my White Zebra goes over to one side of the cage where my Fawn Zebra seems to hang out.

Should they happily all breed in this aviary?
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Zebs are always bossy over nest sites.
nswchainsaw

You could have 10 pair in that size Avery but you must have more nests than pairs , at least 4 nests for 2 pair .
Garry
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nswchainsaw wrote:You could have 10 pair in that size Avery but you must have more nests than pairs , at least 4 nests for 2 pair .
Garry
Really??? Are Zebs more tolerant then other finches? absolute most I would put in there would be 3 pair and atleast 6 to 8 nest boxes
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It will not take long with Zebs to breed up to 20 birds in that aviary.They are usually great breeders.Had 2 pairs of Zebs in a aviary that size and they breed up to 20 young in 3 months.

Return to “Zebra”