Aussie Recessive Dilute Gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
SamDavis

Hi everyone,

The next FSA magazine will feature the Aussie Recessive Dilute Gouldian. If anyone breeds this mutation, has some great photos of this mutation and/or would like to contribute anything regarding this mutation it would be greatly appreciated. I have some info and some photos but would love more...

I'm not sure why Aussie dilutes haven't taken off in the past. Personally I find them to be a stunning mutation. Although mutations are not currently my primary interest I would love to see a Blue Aussie Recessive Dilute. Has anyone bred one? If so take a few photos and share....

Kind regards,
Sam
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pictures please, definately.
LML
LML
gouldianpaul

Hi Sam

This year I have put 3 pairs of blue x Aussie dilute. At this stage only 1 pair has young, so my plan to cross the double splits from all 3 pairs may not come to fruition.

If anyone else has got this pairing going I would be interested in swapping birds to cross blood lines

As for the popularity of the AD imo the quicker results of producing color birds from the European Yellows are the main reason for the demise of the AD. I agree with Sam that this is a shame because the AD is a beautiful bird

I will always have several pairs of AD no matter what the new fade is with other colours
Cheers
Paul
elferoz777

There is a guy from the syd club that had some. 200 a pair and they looked good.

Ill find his details and send a pm.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Gouldian”