White Belly Pics

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
salaar

Amazing birds. Class! :thumbup:
Good luck in their future reproduction.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fireback

Craig nice Bloods. Do you have any problems in the cold Victorian winters,how do you house them,fully roofed etc. Cheers
Craig52

Hi fireback, i tried to send a reply post to you a few days ago but it dropped out when i to submit it.Hope all goes well this time.
I dont know where you live but here in Geelong it doesnt get any where near as cold as other places in Vic. My aviaries are fully roofed with iron with the last sheet being laserlite.they are 2.5 L x 1.0 w x2.1 h in banks of four and they all face north for maxamin sun light The dividing walls are clad with polyweave which is opaque,they can just see each other but theres no aggression or toe bitting All are accessed at the rear by a safety passage.Forgot to mention,definately one pr per aviary except for young which i house all together eventhough they may have coloured up theres not much aggression
Cheers Craig
Fireback

Cheers Craig sounds like youve got it all worked out with keeping and breeding white bellied bloods. I live in Queensland,and have a friend in Townsville that has white bellieds. Good luck and keep them going.
Craig52

Mate is he interested in swapping for new blood,got a few spare young hens if he does cheers Craig
Fireback

Craig will send you a pm with contact detailes. Cheers
Aussie_Bengo

Craig,

Lovely White Bellies by the way.
You mentioned that you house one pair of Crimsons per aviary, do you keep any other species with them or they are exclusively one pair of finches to the Aviary.
Are you aware of any temperament differences between the white and black bellied? There are mixed opinions about the aggressive nature of the Black Bellied on the Forum and it would appear that it should be looked at on a case by case basis as with many other species. Are things similar in regards to the white bellied?

Thanks
Craig52

Aussie_Bengo wrote:Craig,

Lovely White Bellies by the way.
You mentioned that you house one pair of Crimsons per aviary, do you keep any other species with them or they are exclusively one pair of finches to the Aviary.
Are you aware of any temperament differences between the white and black bellied? There are mixed opinions about the aggressive nature of the Black Bellied on the Forum and it would appear that it should be looked at on a case by case basis as with many other species. Are things similar in regards to the white bellied?

Thanks
AB If you read the the reply post to fireback,it will answer all your questions,except for agression.WBs are just as agressive as blacks in my opinion but there are the exceptions.Young birds that are paired up before they are fully coloured don't seem to be anywhere as agressive as adult birds paired up.MFs box of brush on the floor doesn't suit my aviaries as there is open wire in the front and access door at the back.This might sound cruel but,any agressive cocks are caught up and one wing is cut(first 3 or 4 flights)to slow him down.The agreession lasts a quarter of the time as he becomes exhausted and gives up.This clipping last the whole season until the next moult,so no dead hens.As i am home full time,i can observe these birds daily.The comments relating to no aggression in mixed aviaries is unforseen as the birds don't show real agrression whilst the breeder is watching. Cheers Craig
Aussie_Bengo

Thanks for that.

Very clever approach with clipping a couple of flights.

All the best with your breeding.
greenclose

Anyone still breeding white bellied bloods.Just got a couple out of nest.Still building numbers.

Return to “Crimson”