Naughty Boy all grown up

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
ruthieharris

All coloured up finally , he definately is one of my Favourites and I love his Cheekyness....( nails have been trimmed since)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never ever be afraid to do whats right if the well being of an animal is at stake.
Societys punishments are small compared to the wounds we afflict on our Soul when we look the other way.
~ Blue Caps ~ Tanimbars ~ Cutthroats ~ Gouldians ~ Silkie Chickens~
ruthieharris

P1050152 (640x480) (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never ever be afraid to do whats right if the well being of an animal is at stake.
Societys punishments are small compared to the wounds we afflict on our Soul when we look the other way.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:D he's a stunner now!
Love crimsons, always have.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
desertbirds

Throw a hen bird in. i reckon he might get a whole lot naughtier :oops: .Good lookn bird.
ruthieharris

I'm too scared to put a hen in ! I feel like its like sending the Lamb to the slaughter lol,Hes started to pick on his one and only friend lately
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It could be that he is picking on his friend because he is in breeding condition and wants a wife. So that would be the best thing to do. Or better still give him 2 so he has to split his time.
LML
LML
ruthieharris

Yeah that makes sense Finchbreeder =) ... Hmmm now to start the almost impossible task of hunting down a Hen.... was one at Birdworld ages ago for $280 none now coulda kicked myself
spanna

You will find it is the same situation as the bluecaps, nobody sells spare hens. Be aware, getting a hen for him may not be the answer to making him less aggressive. Cocks can attack and kill hens that enter their territory as well as other cocks. All I'm saying is, that if you're going to introduce another hen, do it carefully, as it would be a shame for both you and the birds to lose another hen. If you're going to do it, do it right.
ruthieharris

yeah of course wasnt going to just throw one in his aviary.... could attack or even kill her , thats whats stopped me even starting to look for one.Im a bit too emotionally attached to my Birds so I dont really have the guts to try this one and try that one in there with him poor hen bird.Thats how I'd end up with too many Aviaries too always need back up plan (ie another aviary hehe)

Return to “Crimson”