Crimson finch Hot and Cold

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
dukem

I saw a couple of Crimson finch and am interested in purchasing it. I have some doubts about the strength of these birds to cold. They withstand well temperature changes and temperatures of 8 degrees?
The reproduction is difficult?

cheers Luis
Last edited by dukem on 03 Oct 2012, 03:56, edited 1 time in total.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They live in tropical savanna wetlands, and some are difficult to breed in an aviary .....I don't know how you would breed them in cage (if thats what your doing)...the male can be overbearing to female (to go as far as killing her) I think the latest way is to run 2 cockbirds to 1 hen....(correct me if I'm wrong)....I have bred them in the past but it was a large planted aviary with a feed area at both ends... :thumbup: Looking forward myself to getting them again.. :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What type You getting the White Belly Crimson or the Black Belly Crimson I think someone said the White Bellies are less aggressive compared to Black Bellies and I thought the White Bellies are more common in Europe I read somewhere.
dukem

My idea was to breed them in a small aviary 6 meters.
The guy only have 1 pair. Why 2 cockbirds to 1 hen in principle will not be worse since she has to flee from 2 males ?
The males dont kill each other ?
dukem

finches247 wrote:What type You getting the White Belly Crimson or the Black Belly Crimson I think someone said the White Bellies are less aggressive compared to Black Bellies and I thought the White Bellies are more common in Europe I read somewhere.
I dont know if they are White Belly Crimson or the Black Belly Crimson. I have to check.

Thanks for the tip
Last edited by dukem on 02 Oct 2012, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dukem wrote:My idea was to breed them in a small aviary 6 meters.
The guy only have 1 pair. Why 2 cockbirds to 1 hen in principle will not be worse since she has to flee from 2 males ?
From what I can gather it gives the hen respite as 2 cockbirds too busy with each other....as far as killing each other..don't know as I have never tried this method...but I would think as long as plenty of hideaway places should be okay.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
dukem

vettepilot_6 wrote:
dukem wrote:My idea was to breed them in a small aviary 6 meters.
From what I can gather it gives the hen respite as 2 cockbirds too busy with each other....as far as killing each other..don't know as I have never tried this method...but I would think as long as plenty of hideaway places should be okay.
What species that you had in aviary with them ?
I have a pair of Diamond Firetail that will be a problem if i joint them in the same aviary ?
Excuse me for the bad English
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The aviary they were in and bred in was 30ft (10mtr) x 45ft(15mtr) x 10ft (3mtr)going back to my records .....they were housed with 6pr gouldians,.... 1pr of each cutthroats, diamond firetails, pictorellas ,plumheads, java sparrow,...strawberries (4pr)...stars (3pr).....mask (3pr)....painteds(3pr)...king quail (2cocks 6hens)...and like I said feed stations at both ends of aviary..this was in the days when compost heaps were the go....all of them bred well... :thumbup:
dukem

vettepilot_6 wrote:The aviary they were in and bred in was 30ft (10mtr) x 45ft(15mtr) x 10ft (3mtr)going back to my records .....they were housed with 6pr gouldians,.... 1pr of each cutthroats, diamond firetails, pictorellas ,plumheads, java sparrow,...strawberries (4pr)...stars (3pr).....mask (3pr)....painteds(3pr)...king quail (2cocks 6hens)...and like I said feed stations at both ends of aviary..this was in the days when compost heaps were the go....all of them bred well... :thumbup:
Ok. Thanks :D :D

Return to “Crimson”