Pale Crimson Finch "Impurities"

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
murf

Very interesting discussion. It's easier to accept lighter/darker colours, or shandy colours, but a complete new colour is interesting. My question would be, if Craig's w/b are colour reacting to the vit. D factor, would dosing during the southern weather months effect the colouring of other birds? Some birds darken up in feather colour. In particular, I'm thinking of the redbrow family. Good luck with those w/b Craig. It's great to have people breeding Aussie finches that are very difficult to source. Emphasis seems to be on saving the foreign finches. Both good causes, but I'm in the Aussie camp.
mattymeischke

How're those dirty-bellied birds going, Craig?
Did they clean up on the increased D3?
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
Craig52

mattymeischke wrote:How're those dirty-bellied birds going, Craig?
Did they clean up on the increased D3?
Hi Matty,been away for a while :( The WB's did clear up good with the D3,infact some of them are already parents to some nice looking birds colouring up in the same holding cage.Don't ask for pics,not doing that for WB's any more as too many back stabbers. :silent: Craig

Return to “Crimson”