Female and new male

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
karlisa

Hi finchfolk , Just a question,having not had crimsons before I have an 8mth old female that had been on her own and I’ve just acquired a young male who is only about 8 weeks old.i had him seperate in a flight cage near her cage and have now put him in with her but she is a bit aggressive towards him if he wants to sit with her and chases him a bit with beak open in threat mode.is this potential trouble already or Is it cause they’ve just been put together or something else ? They are by themselves.Any advice would be great
Thanks
arthur

Probably would have been better to put them into an aviary that was new/ neutral to both birds . .

Or . .

Since the cockbird is so much younger, to have put her into his territory/ aviary

If you have the aviary capacity, it is not too late to take such action now . .

I think that they will work things out . . but if you don't have the time to watch them, and intervene if necessary, there is always the chance of an unhappy ending

Best of luck
Craig52

In my experience that is always the case but it doesn't take long for the cock bird to ensure his authority. Give it a few days and the reverse will be inevitable.
karlisa

Ok thanks for advice,I am watching them closely !!! Maybe she’s trying to teach him to respect females early in life lol

Return to “Crimson”