Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and get some limited imports :D
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Buzzard-1

:thumbup:
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we'll have some brown twinspots (my favourites apart from.... well you know what :lol: ) at last!!!
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
zebman

If you bought them from a breeder I would be asking him what the parent birds are like, as some of these guys can be quite nasty and others can be the fairly dosile, years ago I saw a pair in with a pr of yellow stars,a pr of yellow rumps a pr of parsons and a pr of scarlets in an aviary 3.5 x3.5 and all finches were breeding with no problems, :o but thats not the case all the time.

zebman
gomer

I have kept mine in with all sorts of goulds, including red heads and currently with blue backs,Also with both types of masks,pictas yellow rumps, to name a few.Without to much problem,some avairies being 5m long x 1.2m wide three pair of mixed finches per avairy.I have had one rouge cock that killed a few of his own hens aswell,he was taken out of the breeding program.But over all they have not been to aggressive,But from what others say it depends on the lines you are breeding,or got them from.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jay for Minister for the Environment and International Relations. :thumbup: (and it's environmentally good to have a wide genetic mix so talk to your international relations about swapping bloodlines) :clap: ((finch ones that is)) :angel:
LML
LML
MadHatter

Looks to me like the consensus is that they can be ok in a mixed species aviary, but it's best to have a back-up plan in place in case things go pear-shaped.
ruthieharris

My Crimson was in large aviary with Blue Cap , O/B and Tanimbars wasnt too bad just didnt like anyone except the Blue Cap near him or feeding with him.When the O/Bs fledglings were about he was bullying them so I freaked a bit as was pretty aggressive to them and every now and again would have a go at Tanimbars ,so got another Aviary just for him and his friend Blue Cap. Tried a month later to put them back in the bigger Aviary when babies were gone and he went nuts at everyone so put the pair of them back in other Aviary.Guess he likes it not being around the others.Quite sweet how he likes the Blue Cap though never has been nasty to him.Make sure you have another Aviary incase things dont go smoothly maybe.
Never ever be afraid to do whats right if the well being of an animal is at stake.
Societys punishments are small compared to the wounds we afflict on our Soul when we look the other way.
~ Blue Caps ~ Tanimbars ~ Cutthroats ~ Gouldians ~ Silkie Chickens~

Return to “Crimson”