crimson finches...

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks David :thumbup: yeah good to catch up with you :)
firetailaviaries wrote:Wish I could say the same re Yellow siskins. I even had a hen Gouldian that could slam a mask dove against the wall of an aviary by grabing it by a flight feather and swinging it full bore into a wall!
:wtf: :wtf: wow......
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
arthur

For what it is worth . .

Mixing Bloods with other varieties is in the same category as mixing Wrens with other varieties :thumbdown:

'X' does it . . and 'Y' does it . . and they have no problems

BUT

Sooner . . . or later . . . There WILL be TEARS

"If you are going to take a calculated risk . . Doublecheck the calculations"
gomer

blue face parrot finches are just as aggressive to their own kind if not more from my experience.Also the gouldians rule the roost in the aviaries that are occupied by both the crimson and gould.I think people also tend to keep a closer eye on crimsons and notice more aggression with them due to their past history and possibly price tag.As with any individual bird though some are more aggressive then others,And any such traits should not be passed on to offspring whenever possible.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Alf63

Have kept and bred Crimsons for the last 6 years.

They are housed a pair to aviary with species including Yellow-rumps, Green Singers, St Helenas, Stars, Pictorellas, Song sparrows, Wrens etc

Unlike the mythology that surrounds these birds I haven't witnessed any aggression from my pairs. It may happen with odd birds as with any other species. I have seen far more regular aggression from breeding Singers than the Crimsons.

As an aviary bird the crimson has more positives than negatives.
Aussie_Bengo

I have been growing more and more fond of the Crimson or Blood Finch I think that they are really beautiful and I am looking forward to having an Aviary (possibly late next year sometime) to keep a pair or so amongst some of my other favorites ;-) (have you ever watched grass grow? :( ) . The president of the Finch Society of Australia (Sydney Branch) gave an excellent presentation on the Crimson Finch last night. It was done very well and was quite informative.

Crimson.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
natamambo

Stop it AB, you're making life very difficult for the rest of us with photos like that :lol: .

Return to “Crimson”