different diamonds

Includes Species Profile
mr.fox

Hi all. Today while catching up some young Diamonds for a buyer, I noticed a bird which had a noticeable amount of pinkish-red around where the upper edge of the black breast band and the white throat meet(spanning the full width of the breast, 2-3mm thick). The bird in question was a young hen 5 months old. I've never noticed any of my other young birds with this pink banding before and I probably should have taken a photo. In Kingston's book he mentioned a strain of Diamonds with red belly feathers. Anyone come across other Diamonds possessing such markings before? :thumbup:
Craig52

I had a strain many years ago that had red ventral feathers on both cocks and hens.It was more notable on cock birds and in some the red ran from the vent to under the black chest bar in a narrow strip,these birds were well sort after but disappeared. Maybe it is coming back through your birds. Craig
mr.fox

Yes they would have been something to see. Not that I'm into breeding anything too unusual, but I shall keep an eye out for any others that pop up.

Return to “Diamond Firetail”