sexing gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
Jugleong

hope they will breed, but the hen is a snob everytime the cock will perform mating dance she will chase him away.
Mr Tino

Hi Jugleong what you are saying it depend you need to leave them only to setting them self down they might have being in a different avairy or cabinet and they need like I said they need to setting Self down and get use it each other it might take two week or a motnth, and if they are pecking each other with there beak, they are not compatible to each ,just waite and see what's happen if they don't pair up you have to get a new partner for her or you get a another hen for him,I hope this will help t understand about your Gouldian finch mate. :thumbup:

Cheer from Mr Tino
Last edited by Mr Tino on 02 Sep 2015, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
Craig52

I agree with Mr Tino, but also the breeding season is virtually over and it want be long before they go through their moult. Just leave them together without a nesting box until they moult out then replace the nesting box. Don't push them to nest. Craig
Jugleong

Mr Tino. Im not allowed to pm yet since Im still new i wasnt able to answer ur mail. I do need some pointers though.

Gouldian was 1st introduce in our country more than 2 decades ago, during those time I'm into alb and cockatiel but I'm attracted by their colors that time. and stop forquite some times now I'm starting a new with canary and gouldians. Many have failed in breeding gouldians here in our country but there are successful ones. the impression is its hard to breed them. maybe you guys will teach me how :frogg: thanks.

Return to “Gouldian”