Aviary mates for gouldians?

Includes Species Profile.
elferoz777

The hole size is silly.

Its tbe zebs harrassing the goulds that will cause the issues.

I would not house zebs with anything ypu want to breed seriously unless your aviary is large.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

elferoz777 wrote:The hole size is silly.

I would not house zebs with anything ypu want to breed seriously unless your aviary is large.
Totally agree... :thumbup: especially for any beginners..suggest you you keep one or the other to start off with.... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
werty

elferoz777 wrote:The hole size is silly.

zebs harassing goulds?

I don't think so

I started with a single Gouldian pair with 100 zebras, the single Gouldian pair chucked the zebs out of their own nest and produced 3 large clutches

in my aviary the Gouldian dominates the zebra

maybe sick gouldians can get harassed by zebras

but healthy ones like mine...not a chance :thumbup:
werty

vettepilot_6 wrote:
werty wrote:
gouldians are easy to breed just like zebras

had brilliant results with keep gouldians with zebs for the last 2 years

just make sure zeb nests have smaller entrance holes so gouldians cant enter :thumbup:
what size holes keeps gouldians out?
just grabbed the tape measure, 2.2cm diameter, the goulds cant get in past their wings, they try, but no chance
elferoz777

Werty

How you would house 100 zebs in your aviary is beyond me.

The fact is the different hole size is not a logical way to control who breeds where. Zebs steal nesting material and dominate food trays.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Tiaris

My Zebra finches are bigger in the body than my Gouldians & my Gouldians are much larger than average.
werty

Tiaris wrote:My Zebra finches are bigger in the body than my Gouldians & my Gouldians are much larger than average.
tomorrow posting picks of my zeb nests next to gouldians, so everyone can see the difference in nest entrance size
Blue Cuban

werty wrote:
just grabbed the tape measure, 2.2cm diameter, the goulds cant get in past their wings, they try, but no chance
Werty if your suggesting your zebs are using a breeding box with a entrance of 22mm you have rocks in your head.
image.jpeg
You must be breeding mini zebs..... :crazy:
Rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blue Cuban on 12 Nov 2015, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Hobby finch Keeper
elferoz777

werty wrote:
Tiaris wrote:My Zebra finches are bigger in the body than my Gouldians & my Gouldians are much larger than average.
tomorrow posting picks of my zeb nests next to gouldians, so everyone can see the difference in nest entrance size
Will they be accompanied by photos of your silver gouldians ?
Craig52

You will find that there has been a major change of who posts on this topic, this topic was started by a new member who has probably left now due to the bickering but you will also see in the long term who has also left so please get back on topic.

Thanks Craig
Admin

Return to “Gouldian”