Some of my Blue Goulds

Includes Species Profile.
garyh

The bib is brown,as far as i know in cinnomons the bib has to be brown as this is one of the forms of identification,garyh
Blue Cuban

What sex are all the birds with brown bibs, hens or both sexes?
I think a few would agree with what's been shared here there is more that one thing happening amongst these birds and it's up to you which way(s) you want to direct it and might involve selecting certain offspring and and cultivating this mutation so that such results will be consistently reproduced inline with known inheritance modes.

Now that these birds are popping up in Western Australia as well the gene pool will be a little more broader so I'm sure the people here will be willing to assist where possible if required.

Keep the updated and pics coming... :thumbup:
Hobby finch Keeper
D0NKEY

great work and fantastic looking bird gary, very exciting to see. Congrats !

cant wait to see more pics and results of further test breeding these birds. :clap: :clap: :clap:
garyh

Hi Rich,with the amount of birds sent to WA and from a Vic breeder it 's more probable than not that that the birds in WA are from him,thanks donkey i also think they look good,cheers garyh
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The bib is brown,as far as i know in cinnamons the bib has to be brown as this is one of the forms of identification,garyh

My knowledge of Gouldian genetics is strictly moderate, so am basing my questions on budgie genetics as have spent my life round a show budgie breeder. And quail genetics which I am slowly working out myself as Aussies do not seem to have the interest in this that Yanks do. Cinnamon and brown are different in both of those, as they are in Zebs (Red and fawn).
Cinnamon being sex linked you would know. But if they were red/fallow they would be recessive, again you would know. I do not know what you have here but am very interested.

And delighted for you.
LML
LML
garyh

Thanks finchbreeder,still learning about this bird myself,garyh
Bgould

Hi Gary always exciting to see new colours and possibly a new mutation being cinnamon in the gouldians. Keep the update coming and all the best for the upcoming breeding season. Well done
garyh

I have had confirmation that this bird is in fact cinnamon by to experts in Queensland,thanks to mr tino,the birds just get better and better in their colours,will have to sell some at the years end as i'm running out of room :lol: ,everybody that see's these birds fall in love with the colours,cheers garyh
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i'm running out of room
Stop bragging. No seriously, congratulations, very glad that things are going well for you. :thumbup:
LML
LML
garyh

Thanks finchbreeder,appreciate the encouragement,garyh

Return to “Gouldian”