Some of my Blue Goulds

Includes Species Profile.
matt71

hi garryh , birds looking fantastic , great work , thanks for sharing !
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That the visuals and splits are clearly disernable in the nest, by being reddish pink is not surprising if these are a Fallow/cinnamon combo. Which it is beginning to sound a bit like they are. One, fallow is recessive, and one, cinnamon is sex linked. (Stick with me, thinking on the keyboard here) what is a bit puzzleing is the blackish head fading to red or yellow. This sounds like the (not recognized) normaline budgie. A normal budgie that begins by looking like an opaline, but black where it should be white on the head, then fades to normal. This would mean you have combined two mutations and an annomaly. Oh boy, is this interesting.
LML
LML
Blue Cuban

garyh wrote:The birds come in single and double factor,the light grey birds will turn the light blue colour,the green will come in two variations,one lighter the other a little bit darker,i can bred these colours from cock birds split to blue and what ever this colour is going to be called,ie rh wb green back to a blue hen,when two green birds are bred together they throw all light green young,cheers garyh
Hi Gary, hope all is well.
Do both sex's come in SF & DF?
Also do you have a white breasted hen that you could share showing its back.
Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
garyh

Pic, 9 is a wb blue hen,pic's 11,12 are the green variation of this new colour,all hens are single factor ,you cannot get a df hen in any colour,you obviously have a bird showing a variation in the back ,put a pic up so we can see :D love the pic's of other peoples birds,garyh
Blue Cuban

Thanks Gary, just as I thought about hens not being a DF I was getting lost in some of your text just wanted to be clear in my understanding.
Unfortunately I have no bird of interest just trying to makes sense of some abnormal coloured birds I've seen of late.
Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
savannah1969

very beautiful birds...I hope that someday I will be experienced enough to understand which colours to breed together to get different variations.
garyh

Finally got the brown bib on the bird, so to me it is definitely a cinnamon, but will need confirmation from more experienced breeders.
garyh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

Something different there Gary, what colour is the flights and tail feathers? Craig :thumbup:
garyh

The tail feathers are all light blue with the very tip of the feathers a light greyish brown,just looking at the bird from outside the aviary ,the flight feather are a greyish brown as well,to hot now to catch the birds , i have 3 of these now with the brown bib,so tomorrow i will try to get some photos and post them,these hens are similar to the light green cocks in the first photo's,cheers garyh
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the update. Still really curious and confused as to what you have. But very interesting. The chin in the pics looks brown not cinnamon to me. Is this so or is it the lighting?
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”