Some of my Blue Goulds

Includes Species Profile.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As the bird is both blue and dilute, it would seem to me that that is the bloodlines that would need combining to achieve this. Just me speculating.
LML
LML
Rox

Beautiful birds! :clap: Thanks for sharing

You are making me even more determined to try and track down some decent blue's here in SA :)
Tiaris

The dilute green birds with black collar & throat patch are something I've never seen before.
Craig52

Tiaris wrote:The dilute green birds with black collar & throat patch are something I've never seen before.
At a guess i would say that is a lime. Craig :thumbup:
Mr Tino

Hi there,I am again responding for Garyh drew to his computor has broken down and can't post at the moment,but I can say this bird has not got any AUSTRALIA DILUTE & LIME IN IT,but I can say where this bird come from,a split blue also it gene is sex link,have think about this bird now :crazy:
Matt777

Thought the birds looked great before but even more exciting that they are a new mutation! Mentioning the limes are they recessive or sex linked like this new colour?
garyh

Thanks for all the kind words,it's about 3 weeks on now and the birds are full colour,look great,so that's a bonus, as for the new colour,these birds have a lot of brown feather in their wings, underneath they are a fawn brownish colour ,one of the blue hens has a brown tinge to the bib and line around her head,some of the pairings last year didn't work ,so hopeful for this year,as far as the Limes are concerned they are nowhere near these colours as i have had the owner of them at my place to give me his opinion ,as for the dilute same applies,the colours are completely different,i can produce colour from a split blue cock ie rh wb gb to a blue hen,a rh wb blue cock to a rh pb gb hen all unrelated birds,so hoping for a good breeding season this year,oh by the way the wb in the cock birds is stunning now for the black head,garyh
garyh

Here's some of the young birds that I'm working on in a new colour. The young birds in the photos will turn to the blue of the older birds and to a very light green.
349.jpg
344.jpg
335.jpg
333.jpg
326.jpg
325.jpg
314.jpg
311.jpg
305.jpg
304.jpg
300.jpg
298.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyh

The birds come in single and double factor,the light grey birds will turn the light blue colour,the green will come in two variations,one lighter the other a little bit darker,i can bred these colours from cock birds split to blue and what ever this colour is going to be called,ie rh wb green back to a blue hen,when two green birds are bred together they throw all light green young,cheers garyh
$bill

Now unlike others I am not afraid to say ...CONGRATULATION! :thumbup: well done. Others take note. it's not that hard to do :roll: Now i'm not crying about it :lol:

Return to “Gouldian”