Stock For The 2016 breeding Seasom

Includes Species Profile.
elferoz777

Wow that lime youngin looks good

Great work bill
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
matt71

hey $bill , has that lime blue got my name on it ???????? , that is going to be a nice bird , will look great with my birds dont you think ?
$bill

I decided I might as well have a cup of Coffee and a biscuit or two while doing today's update. When you take a long look at the photo-it stands out clearly. The Iced Vo -Vo's are no-where near the quality they were 30 years ago :roll: Back on track now as this is not a biscuit forum ;-)

My weakest aviary or so I thought turned out to house 2 pair of split limes and a pair of split blues. These were the birds I had planned to give away. Anyway total produced for the season was just on 40 birds.

I sold the trio of adult parents a few days back - because that's what I do. Anyway apart from the greenbacks they produced 4 Limes and 5 Blues. Now I couldn't get a very good photo of them all so I decided to use the flash.

I just enlarged the photos and I still have a stray blue young amongst them I had missed. that's a bonus1 I have an interested party on those birds and I will throw that bird in on the deal.

I usually remove the better stuff and leave the green backs. No telling how many of these could be split to Lime or Blue.

So 3 pair produced over 40 young which I think is pretty good considering they lost all their young in there very first rounds. I could only get 26 in the photo's but the other day I counted 31 or 32 as it's a very confined split aviary.

So that's it for aviary1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$bill

I had the chance today to get a bit better quality and a bit closer photo too of the bird I believe is the new mutation from the Lime and blue cross. I have quite a few blues flying about now and none match this particular bird
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$bill

Limes -Splits -Or Possibles?

Due to a very successful breeding season I really had no choice but move a bit of stock. I don't like to use the word sell -as it's bad image for my username. Anyway I decided I'd have a bit of a hit on Petlink and a fun run on Gumtree.

I have a lot of confidence in the Lime mutation and I think it will be the key bird in the next new Blue Mutation. It ould be a Powder blue or a Powder Puff Blue :lol: and remember once I confirmed the breeding of the mutation and colour -I don't want any member disagreeing with my choice of names .........and I won't get involved with your colour choices either :lol:

So I placed my ad in Petlink Got a couple of replies and one serious reply too. Now In Gumtree I tried the more serious approach as such and hit the jackpot

Possible Split Lime Gouldians - will swap for a New motorcycle

About 7Pm that night got my first call. Actually disappointed too!. He never had a bike to swap and wanted to buy the birds instead :crazy: all he was doing was laughing about and asking -was it for real! I really hate it when I am not taken seriously.

So 20 minutes later it appeared I was not going to get a new bike out of him so I had to settle for a sale :crazy: and did a 26 bird package deal plus a set of steak knives.

Bit after 8pm call again and the same old story - No bike!. Again they insisted they were prepared to take these possibles off my hands and in return could give me a bit of cash! :crazy:

By the time the night was over i'd done 3 deals and received 4 emails. Next day my ad was removed by gumtree for some violation or hoax or whatever. Since then I have written to gumtree explaining the situation that I was prepared to swap the birds for a new motorbike.

I also let them know that since then and thanks to their reader's I have purchased the new motorbike to be collected from the dealer next week.

back to the possibles. 83 birds in all were sold including the breeders so this season is almost over for me.

Aviary 1. Empty - Breeders and young
Aviary 2. Empty - Breeders and young
Aviary 3. Breeders sold and 60 young left maybe a few more
Aviary 4. Breeders and young -too many to count but close on 80 to 100 birds

Parents of the New mutation -double splits

Setting on 9 eggs yesterday. Checked today and 5 have hatched. 3 blues and 2 greens with 4 to go. There may still be a chance for another purply coloured young or maybe not. either way they look nothing like a freshly hatched blue as I have seen those about 30 in total but usually no longer than 24 hours.

I suppose there are some who don't like my sales approach or breeding style but one thing I can say - you will never see a Bengalese amongst my birds or in my yard as they all parent raised

Believe me 2 years back when I saw the mutation young pop out I could have run 50 pair Bengalese and used my stock as battery birds and relieved quite a lot of potential buyers of large sums of money. I might be $bill by name but thankfully no so by nature :lol:

Plus I have let quite a few people now have a crack at this possible mutation rather than hold back stock. Now would you do the same......Well would you ? or would you just devalue me and call yourself greenback!
matt71

well done $bill i am sure that the buyers of your birds will be very happy with their new birds as much as i am with the birds that i purchased from you , most of them have produced blues , limes and some green backs ! many thanks mate !
$bill

Thanks.....Glad you have done OK!

Nest check today - Now at 6 young hatched from the pair which bred the Grey birds. Nothing really new. Blue, Green backs and could be a Lime amongst them.....No purple coloured mutation bird.

Easy to see when you go back to the previous nest. Bottom photo is the purply coloured mutation blue/grey bird
$bill

Your first impression might be -one looks the same as in the bottom photo but I have seen about 30 in total of the purple coloured young and it's the wrong shaded of colour. It's not dark enough in the purply colour.

The only area which could have me caught would be if this new mutation bird is a white breasted and I also breed a new colour purple breasted blue . After-all a fair few of my possibles and splits are now carrying the white breasted gene too
Blue Cuban

Looks like there is some exciting stuff happening in your aviary but its a pity it is unorganised with a lot of guessing going on.
Enjoying this thread and I'm very eager along with many others to see what becomes of the slightly different coloured blue, weather its just another variance or it moults out or a collaboration of the blue and lime it all makes for a little hype and something to keep us all talking about.
Hobby finch Keeper
$bill

Well seeing I have the only Lime and Blue crosses that I am aware of - I had no choice but guess. but I can guess better than all the others because they are in my yard. :clap: There may be some-one else but while they chased holding onto Limes I went further and did the cross.

I put the key feature of this mutation as the purple coloured chick which has been different from day one. Now if it was just an ordinary Blue with a change of Colour then I probably would have let it ride and said nothing.

Last year I bred 2 hens with Emerald green tails/rumps and sold both about a week ago and never though any more about those birds. This bird is the end result from a double mutation cross and not a fluke or oddball.

Now if that new mutation happens and it is confirmed you can bet one thing. The Lime mutation is going to be in big demand. Not only for Blues but any other mutation in the gouldian cross.

I see you have a few Blues yourself - I bet you might even P/M me for some ;-) I will look after you :thumbup:

Return to “Gouldian”