Australian Recessive Dilute

Includes Species Profile.
Blue Cuban

With all mutations from the day they hatch to fully coloured up I find some pictures supplied are misleading due to lighting and various other settings effecting the colour.

But here I have photographed a juvenile Aussie Dilute next to a juvenile Purple breast SF where I feel I've captured the colour true to the eye which for some (newbies) can aid with early identification of Aussie Dilutes.

Obviously you can pick them straight out of the shell but I wouldn't expect anyone new to Gouldians to do so.

Rich.

Anyway here's my pic for educational purpose and I hope it helps others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobby finch Keeper
Craig52

Hi Rich, i take it the one on the right is what you are saying is the Aussie dilute and the one on the left is the SFEY. Years ago when i was breeding AD's the young would emerge a creamy dirty white colour.
The one in the pic seems a greeny yellow but may be my colour tone of my computer or the colour mutation could have changed over the years.
If it is a true AD and i'm not saying it isn't, thanks for keeping this mutation going because it is just about lost due other mutations being mistakenly bred with them imo. Craig
Blue Cuban

Correct Craig Dilute on the right.
Yes it does have that hint of green and I believe this will be a cock. Last season I only breed a few hens and they where all that cream colour you speak of.

I am a big fan of the Dilutes but only in BH but your probably going to curse me when I say I'll be crossing them with my blues next year, but if it's any consolation the bloodlines already had blue in them.

Below is a nest of 4 Dilutes (plumb eyes) and 2 splits which may also help others wanting to learn more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobby finch Keeper
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So how do those 2 compare to the lime?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Blue Cuban

vettepilot_6 wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 08:19 So how do those 2 compare to the lime?
Good question but I don't have Limes so as much as I would love to line all three up for comparison purposes I can't.
Hobby finch Keeper
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blue Cuban wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 08:40
vettepilot_6 wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 08:19 So how do those 2 compare to the lime?
Good question but I don't have Limes so as much as I would love to line all three up for comparison purposes I can't.
Maybe someone could loan you one for comparison and pics? :problem: :thumbup: :think: ...I for one would like to see as personally I can see the difference here.... but looking at so called "limes" look similiar to these.... :crazy:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Gouldian”