Is my gabriel ok

Includes Species Profile.
farsouth

Hi all,
I have a little gouldian finch that i got from a pet shop six weeks ago,Who had been picked on and hurt by zebra finches so the owner said take him so we did.He had one eye closed but its open most the time now and We got him a heat lamp and bulid a long cage for him. hes coming along good but i noticed at the pet shop his tail bobbing and than at night a ticking sound so i put him on ivermectin for once a week for 3 weeks and it being one drop each doseage.Than after that i had the vet out and he gave him ronizadole at 400mg per litre for seven days and its been 11 days since the last treatment and the vet said just wait and see how he goes due to his lungs repairing as for a week before the roniz he tired to sing but nothing came out.He still has the ticking but only when hes asleep and has the tail bobbing most the time but he is happy and eats and flys all the time and sings but i have noticed he will sing than he cant for the last bit and its just the chest moving till it stops.I have also given him vetafarm vitamins and probotics in his water.Should i just wait and see if the bobbing and ticking goes in time or do something now as im worried if the underlining problem isnt been mediciated he will get worse.he is the most amazing bird as when i leave the room sometimes he cries out for me...i love him so much.any advice :sweatdrop: :soppy:
shnapper20

it sounds like you have done all you can, I would be inclined to follow the vets advice, you could source an avian vet who specializes in birds
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you giving him natural greens? Is he getting some natural sunshine at least part of the time? These would be my only suggestions. Welcome and good luck with your little man.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”