What to expect?

Includes Species Profile.
deegs

Hi guys,
If I put a normal Gouldian hen to a European Yellow Back male, what babies would I get? All splits or a mix of both?
Thanks.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

deegs wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 22:33 Hi guys,
If I put a normal Gouldian hen to a European Yellow Back male, what babies would I get? All splits or a mix of both?
Thanks.
Try this site...... http://gouldianfinch.gr/GouldianGenetics.asp
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Mr Tino

Hi deegs you would get male and female in sf yellow back and normal in male and female in green back,in all three head colour and then it depend on the head colour of the original pair you have,that what you expect the sibling colour head to come out too or you can have a look at the gentic forecast as vettepiliot_6 gave you a website to look at,I hope this will help you.also I forgot to tell you there is no split in this breeding too it either colour in sf yellow or normal colour.
deegs

Thanks for the advise. That website is fantastic. I will be having some fun come March and will see what variations they give me. Cheers, Deegs.
Tiaris

I don't know if my experience is typical of how they are inherited but every time I mated a normal hen to a single-factor YB cock I bred hens which were all SF YBs & cocks which were all normal.
Conversely, every time I paired a normal cock with a SF YB hen I bred all SF YB cocks & normal hens. ie. the opposite sex progeny of the mutant parent were the mutant colour, so I always regarded it as a sex-linked dominant mutation.
Craig52

Yes same with my experience Graham, and always believed the mutation to be sexlinked dominant but these forecasters are different to each other all around the world so it's better to go by your own experience imo. Craig

Return to “Gouldian”