Cinnamon Gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
ColouredFeathers

Thank you Matt for your honesty and telling the truth and breeding so well this year
i believe if you ask for young birds you give the seller what he ask for it is a lot of money but what people do not realise it has
taken 8 to 10 years to establish this lost gouldian mutation
Image Image Image
garyh

Hi Maurizo,im the breeder of that bird and can assure you that that bird is a first year bird,i keep records of every bird i breed,i sold the bird in early Jan and its condition was excellent,its been in $ bills aviaries ever since ,if you know his aviaries and set up then this might account for the birds condition,its also been in a heated aviary since early march i know this as he was the one that told me,all the cinnamons in victoria came from a bird i breed some 8 odd years ago,garyh
Maurizio

Gary,
How can you account for the scallliness of the birds legs and feet, if in fact the bird was breed last year?
Last edited by Maurizio on 03 Jun 2018, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
garyh

Dont know,i have had dealings with Graham over many years now ,so why would i send him an old bird,he complained to me once that he had been sent a lot of birds from WA that were old and in terrible condition,i talked to that breeder and was told that they were young healthy birds go figure,my register of birds is here for any one to look at ,at any time,cheers garyh
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well someone has purchased the birds. So hopefully they will be happy and get some young.
LML
LML
matt71

Well I can assure you that no birds from WA have gone to wild bill for over 2 years , I can confirm that wil bill got some pied cordons and pied African fires from me about 2 and a half years ago and all birds were in fantastic condition and less than 12 months old , he was very happy with them , bill and I talk on a fortnightly basis and we have a great deal of respect for each other .
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pic on Gumtree looks like old bird ???
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Tiaris

Is the cinnamon mutation established in non blue birds as well?
Craig52

I'm pretty sure you would have to have the cinnamon bird before it was bred into blues. There is an old topic on here where Garyh bred the first one's with pics, i don't know how to do links to it. The birds had brownish flight feathers and blacks were brown under the bill, correct me if i am wrong garyh. Craig
garyh

Hi Craig and Tiaris,craig your description of the bird is correct,but when i first bred these birds they all came from the blue mutation birds,so they would be carrying that gene as far as i know,im now trying to eliminate the blue gene but this will take time, but as i have the birds to play with it will be interesting,i have most colours now and some real beauties in the breed,cheers garyh

Return to “Gouldian”