Cinnamon Gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
Craig52

Hi Tass, in that link type in Cinnamon Gouldian finch in that search engine and those three birds come up. They look more oliveish backs to me and the black doesn't seem to be brownish.
hanabi

vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Craig52 wrote: ↑06 Jun 2018, 09:08 Hi Tass, in that link type in Cinnamon Gouldian finch in that search engine and those three birds come up. They look more oliveish backs to me and the black doesn't seem to be brownish.
I agree until I see a gouldian with brown where all the black is (not just parts ) I think something else is at play. ..πŸ˜‰
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

I tend to agree Dave, cinnamon in all/most finches is a brown and most have plum eyes. I don't want to get into a argument with anyone but agree it should be re named as something else with a sexlinked mode of inheritance.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The "black headed" cinnamon hens are definately dark brown as opposed to black. (They say womens eyes see colour differences better than mens) RH cock is hard to see much difference on neck. So it effects the black and green, but not the purple or red. Sounds cinnimon or fallow to me.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

finchbreeder wrote: ↑06 Jun 2018, 12:29 The "black headed" cinnamon hens are definately dark brown as opposed to black. (They say womens eyes see colour differences better than mens) RH cock is hard to see much difference on neck. So it effects the black and green, but not the purple or red. Sounds cinnimon or fallow to me.
LML
Just had a medical for colour blindness. .not only did I get perfect score but could also partially see what colour blind people see which had doctor perplexed πŸ˜‚ as I got reminded elsewhere fallow not sex linked which is what I thought it was 😑
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Norse

Plum coloured eye can darken with age I think and fallow is recessive and would have a red eye ?, if its sex linked its most likely cinnamon in my opinion, nice combos will be bred I can forsee
projects atm Normal and AY Gouldians, Red zebs and java's
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fallow not sex linked
You are right VP Fallow is not sex linked, did i miss that? :oops:
Maybe the story that women see colours better than men is true, maybe it is false, but it is often said that this is so. And as we all know there are exceptions to every rule. So maybe you are exceptional. :shh:
fallow is recessive and would have a red eye
Fallow as you so correctly point out are recessive, their eyes are plum coloured like cinnamons. Cheers Norse.
LML
LML
nxe04d

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyh

Thanks nxe,thought that was one of mine,the old wrinkled hands gave it away with my registrar book in the back ground,just another point,birds are born with plumb eyes and they turn dark at about 5 to 8 days,when hatched they are yellowy orange colour,cheers garyh

Return to β€œGouldian”