Cinnamon Gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Still black areas....😉
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
garyh

VP If you are talking about the line around the head it is actually dark brown,so i would be very interested to know what you think they are,seeing how 4 top gouldian breeders in NSW including Don Crawford have told me that they believe they are cinnamon,but your conclusions on this bird would be interesting ,garyh
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Show me the whole bird with brown areas? I believe other genes are at play..cinnamon just doesnt do partial areas...😉
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
branchez

I am posting these photos on behalf of Garyh.
Jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hanabi

The Youtube video is a little under-exposed so it is difficult to see the colours of the head and bib on these birds. I've enhanced a single frame of the video to hopefully make the comparison to the normal black-head (3rd bird from the front) more obvious.
Cinnamon-1.jpg
The mask is clearly brown, but quite a dark brown.

Image provided under the auspices of "fair use" (educational, non-commercial, non-profit, use).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could the effect of cinnimon on Gouldians be different because they are different? E.g. almost all birds are blue/white, green/yellow or monocromatic.
While the Gouldian just likes to be different and has blue/white/green/yellow all on the one bird in some circumstances? The more expert geneticists might be better able to answer this question.
LML
LML
nxe04d

finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks nxe - it would appear that what I had surposed is so. Nothing like a curious guess.
LML
LML
garyh

Well im going to stick with the experts opinion and calling mine cinnamon,as i said there is a lot more to this bird that makes it cinn, thanks again nxe the photo was a great help,and FB you will probable be the only one not lining up at speck savers,ha ha,how sweet it is garyh
mr skeeter

hey gaz try graham bull/ tiaras, for his opinion on your cinnamon gouldians he might be able to help, cheers mick

Return to “Gouldian”