The truth about the Cinnamon Mutation in Gouldian finche

Includes Species Profile.
nxe04d

finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cinnamon being more obvious in Canarys than in Gouldians was developed straight away, which may not have happened with Gouldians. Thanks for the article.
LML
LML
erythruragouldiae257

Hi Gary H, what has the breeding revealed from your experience? is this mutation sex linked recessive as the Eurpean Cinnamon?, from reading Don Crawford's article he is describinging the Australian version is sexlinked dominant if a split Cinnamon cock x Normal can produce colour Cinnamon ?hens?
erythruragouldiae257

Have read these posts with interest, as I and some other breeders are now breeding the Aussie dilute blue, what is the difference in this bird genetically compared to the blue cinnamon bird seeing how the "Cinnamon " bird was produced from a blue x Aussie Dilute?

Is there a formal process for naming and confirming a new mutaution in Australia? if so where is it?

On facebook Craig Smeelie has stated there is a formal letter that has been published on here to verify the new Cinnamon Mutation can someone locate it as I have tried thanks
erythruragouldiae257

erythruragouldiae257 wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 15:19 Hi Gary H, what has the breeding revealed from your experience? is this mutation sex linked recessive as the Eurpean Cin
KENTUCKY

If the Cinnamons were Chooks, I would wring their bloody Necks, they do the Nomals no justice at all.
Craig52

erythruragouldiae257 wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 12:22 Have read these posts with interest, as I and some other breeders are now breeding the Aussie dilute blue, what is the difference in this bird genetically compared to the blue cinnamon bird seeing how the "Cinnamon " bird was produced from a blue x Aussie Dilute?

Is there a formal process for naming and confirming a new mutaution in Australia? if so where is it?

On facebook Craig Smeelie has stated there is a formal letter that has been published on here to verify the new Cinnamon Mutation can someone locate it as I have tried thanks
Hi mate, i think it may have been deleted as i can't find it. Hang on,it's the link in nxe's post above. Cheers Craig
nxe04d

Correct Craig it is a link to Don Crawford's Website.
garyh

Sorry i didnt reply erythruragouldiae,but i have been in the USA for the past month, when i get time i will answer in full ,cheers garyh
mr skeeter

Hey gaz how are the 4 young pied cordons going you just got out hope there still going well they will be crackers from that good pair.

Return to “Gouldian”