How good are blue Gouldians in 2018?

Includes Species Profile.
mr skeeter

i agree gaz what we do as bird keepers to keep the finches in top condition is a small part compared to what they get in the wild, not just blue gouldians but all finches, i supply many different supplements for my birds to help in some way keeping them in top condition as do many finch breeders i guess. iv seen your birds gaz they are very healthy big strong birds. cheers skeeter.
Tass

garyh

solaminovit liquid on sprouted seed , (tick) thanks

and a higher vitamin E you mentioned in your earlier post. did a quick internet search , would that be NEKTON or if you don't mind advising .

one day i hope to get blues , when my skills get better, so currently learning with the normals and AY .
garyh

Tass pm sent,garyh
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing wrong with my birds...good diet plenty of exercise no stress..keeps them healthy also... breed plenty sell plenty.....we each have our own way of doing things...I try to go with natural ways of doing things...works for me..if adding powders etc works for you..that's greatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So far the 2 pair of Blue hen to split blue cock here have. Pair 1 = 9 eggs - 6 chicks almost ready to fledge + Pair 2 = 17 eggs all clear
So the egg production is good, time will tell re the younguns. Fed a good seed mix, fresh water, cuttlebone, clean beach sand and regular fresh picked seeding grass. Nothing else.
LML
LML
HowieD

Hey finchbreeder have 23 uncoloured to the perch and 12 fertile still in nest ,11 Blues the rest split open aviary western Sydney 3 degrees last night and three rfppf bout 5 days old still chirping this arvo fingers crossed they get ta perch πŸ‘
arthur

Remember the 10 x 10 rule . .
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the 1st season with these 2 pair. Pair one = miscount, only 5 chicks fledged, 3 still going strong, the blue and 2 of the splits (2 splits fine one day dead the next, no visible reason) Pair 2 never went back down. So the younguns are just under 3 weeks out of the nest. Happy with that. The parents come from 350kms south of here so should be OK with our weather.
LML
LML
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bother. Just lost little blue, same as others, no apparent reason. 2 remaining splits still fine.
LML
LML
HowieD

Soz ta hear finchy fingers crossed for the others πŸ‘ By the way what's the 1 ton rule ?

Return to β€œGouldian”