Seagreen gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
Tiaris

Wasn't thinking melanism just worn plumage if mature birds at this stage of the year but that's not the case if young birds.
Tiaris

Don Crawford has had some recent experience with dark-factor Goulidans I think. He may be able to clarify for you once they colour up.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tiaris wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 06:19 Don Crawford has had some recent experience with dark-factor Goulidans I think. He may be able to clarify for you once they colour up.
Yes have looked at his pics of dark factors..looking like thats what they are as I bought a pr of normals off him yrs ago to increase genes in mine...then started breeding for depth of colour... this year these ones have come out distinctly marked like pale adults much darker than other young from other prs... 🤔 pic off web Don Crawford's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here are a couple of pics of what I believe are dark factor young... male dark factor and two hens 1 dark factor the other normal...dark factors partially coloured too quick for pic but I will keep trying 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Partially coloured up " dark factors " ?
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Certainly lovely deep colouring V. So great job with the selection for colour.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

finchbreeder wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 09:54 Certainly lovely deep colouring V. So great job with the selection for colour.
LML
Thanks FB 😉
KENTUCKY

Is this Picture true to colour?
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KENTUCKY wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 13:07 Is this Picture true to colour?
It would be pretty close...pic of one compared to grass in background...
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty chuffed....sent heap of pics to Don Crawford...this is his reply...

Hi David!

After getting some time to study the photos more closely the baby feather on the uncoloured is an olive shade, then I noticed the strong green coming through and they are far better coloured than my young birds. So I think you have something that is worth working with as it is obvious that
The S/F colour has to be somewhere between Normal colour and Olive so it is called Dark-Green – that is why double dark green produces olive!!

As I said that is the best black headed normal I have seen if you have more quality like that could you let me know

Cheers Don.

Return to “Gouldian”