Yellow redbrow

Normal and lesser Red Browed.
Includes Species Profile.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice Matty Looks like another mutation :thumbup: :clap:
Craig52

Yes Matty,thats another yellow mutation Redbrow going by the body colour,looking forward to having a good look at it in a few weeks. Cheers Craig :thumbup:
Tiaris

Yes but Matty's is a mutation of a nominate redbrow & GP's is a lesser mutant. Is that right GP?
Craig52

Tiaris wrote:Yes but Matty's is a mutation of a nominate redbrow & GP's is a lesser mutant. Is that right GP?
Good pick up Tiaris,going by the back colour and the black under tail coverts says it's a cock,you maybe right about GPs bird. Craig
desertbirds

Tiaris wrote:Yes but Matty's is a mutation of a nominate redbrow & GP's is a lesser mutant. Is that right GP?
I dont think GP`s is a lesser. Colouration looks too dark and also there is that gold band at the shoulders/ back of the neck.
mattymeischke

I'm with DB, though I have not (yet) had much experience with the lessers.

I think yours is a cock, GP; mine is a hen.
If you could bring yourself to part with him, I'm sure I could find some room for him here....
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
desertbirds

Time will tell but, Natanambos bird has issues, both Matty and Gps birds are cocks of the nominate race and possibly Mattys bird also has some problem or colouration issues with the white bum feathers ? . Gps bird ,from the pics provided has no black vent feathers, but , to me looks like a cock of the nominate race. Then again i have pics of Lessers that couldnt be sexed without DNA and ive previously asked a few times if the nominate species has the same differences in vent colouration as Lessers and i had no response. :wtf: Shows how much we know about a $20 bird (nominate race)

Chuck the Yellows in the bin (not literally) and see if we can get some Loftyi going , and maintain pure strains(2 subs and a nominate race) of at least one common aussie finch going. :idea:

It is interesting to se something new pop up though.
Myzomela

mattymeischke wrote:I'm with DB, though I have not (yet) had much experience with the lessers.

I think yours is a cock, GP; mine is a hen.
If you could bring yourself to part with him, I'm sure I could find some room for him here....
And if the 2 birds ended up in the same backyard, surely you wouldn't pair colour to colour, would you Matty?
Research; evaluate;observe;act
Tiaris

I think GP only has lessers. Thats why I suggested it was a lesser.
Tiaris

The black vent usually develops properly as male lessers become fully mature ( after 1st moult).

Return to “Red Browed”