Anyone have photos of Lesser?

Normal and lesser Red Browed.
Includes Species Profile.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is the main differences between the 2? and what makes the Lesser so expensive? Does anyone have pics of both? I can't see any on google images... :thumbdown:
Being told the Lesser is prettier?? Only thing I can find is they're smaller and slightly lighter coloured around nape and stomach areas? Is this right? And whats to stop unscrupulous breeders putting the 2 together?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Desertbirds has posted pics of lessers previously...
Lessers are (in my opinion) much prettier than normals, because of their larger eye stripe, smaller size and much paler plumage. Also there are several different subspecies, most of which I understand are not very well established in Aviculture at the present time...
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
desertbirds

Send a pm with email adress if you want any pics, i have posted plenty that you should be able to find on the forum. Note on the normal birds they almost have a neck band of golden olive colour, the lessers have the entire back and wings that are golden olive. the front of the bird can also be very white on Lessers, flanked by a steel bluey grey colour.you will see on normals there is a lot more brown in the colouration. Both are nice but the lessers are really stunning in the sun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

b.e.a.utiful you couldn't get a more gawjus finch . :thumbup:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: mmmm nothing like the flowers of the bird world :clap: :clap:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Gerjanssen33

desertbirds wrote:Send a pm with email adress if you want any pics, i have posted plenty that you should be able to find on the forum. Note on the normal birds they almost have a neck band of golden olive colour, the lessers have the entire back and wings that are golden olive. the front of the bird can also be very white on Lessers, flanked by a steel bluey grey colour.you will see on normals there is a lot more brown in the colouration. Both are nice but the lessers are really stunning in the sun.
Hallo Desertbirds.

Can I ask you a few things on this bird,which of the three sub species is this :Aeginta.t.temporalis,or A.t.minor or A.t.lofiyi.
You don"t see this bird not in Dutch aivian culture.
Can you please send me the photo of this bird so I can,with your premision this publisch in or australian bird forum.
Thank you in advance.

Regards Ger Janssen,
Tiaris

A.t.minor
desertbirds

]

Hallo Desertbirds.

Can I ask you a few things on this bird,which of the three sub species is this :Aeginta.t.temporalis,or A.t.minor or A.t.lofiyi.
You don"t see this bird not in Dutch aivian culture.
Can you please send me the photo of this bird so I can,with your premision this publisch in or australian bird forum.
Thank you in advance.

Regards Ger Janssen,[/quote]

Send a pm with your email adress and i will foward some pics.

Return to “Red Browed”