kimberly star finch

Includes Species Profile.
GregH

ImageIs this want you're after?

Then this link and it will even show you how how to catch them: Western Bird Bandits - Just joking I meant Banders and by catch I meant catch on film/CCD.
amalan11

gosh he is pretty..I can see what they mean,my boy has a mid orange face in comparison and not so much of it either his stops behind his eye
thanks now I can see why they are said to be so lovely :thumbup:
Fincho162

That pic is very close............not 100% but very close. Still you get the general idea of why all the hype about the so-called Kimberley star - thanks for posting.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The WA birds are supposed to by brighter red and more yellow while the eastern states ones are medium red green or so the theory goes. But lots of crossing as you get what you can when you can. But that pic is the brightest and most red head I can recall seeing.
LML
LML
Fincho162

Trust me no amount of crossing will give you a "Kimberley" star.........and once you outcross the strain is kaput.........but with 4 birds you're always going to be pushing it so we did what we could do but NEVER saw anything close to the originals again.

The eastern states (or Qld one at any rate) is (or was!!) a completely different race and nothing like the WA guys in any way or form......with the Qld stars most you couldn't sex until the cock started to "sing".......bred hundreds and couldn't give them away in the end!!!!!...now...........try finding one!!!!!!!...........like light form Diggles............
Fireback

These red stars are as good as I have seen in regards to colour and markings. Not sure if they are Kimberley stars or not, but nice anyway. Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mattymeischke

They are glorious, fireback.
Are they wild or captive (I noticed the leg band on one)?
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
Craig52

The red head and spots on those birds are striking but i have seen them with more of a butter cup yellow belly and brighter rufous rump in the Kimberly. Craig
Fireback

Photos sent to me a wile ago. Not shore if they were in the big aviary or the back yard aviary. Cheers
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautiful Stars Great Colouring :thumbup: :clap:

Return to “Star”