My Stars Keep Abandoning the nest

Includes Species Profile.
Nathan Morleyy

SamDavis wrote:They can be very fussy about nest inspections. Some of mine seem to desert even if they think I've seen the nest!
Sam my star finches have fledged 4 chicks. Do star finches reuse there nest for onother clutch or can I take it out of the aviary?.

Nathan
salaar

Sprouting seeds can push for a new oviposition.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
flap

We have had a similar experience with our stars. They are very adept at nest building but that is where it stops. We think it is due to overcrowding and also thinking their nest has been spotted. We have just put them in a small aviary Where they will be on their own for a while, we will see if that changes anything. Good luck!
flaP
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My stars never bred with any Lonchura species in their avairy...I think they (lonchura) are too inquisitive
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Verdefinch

I've just put a bush set of branches int eh cage on the back wall and they seem to have taken to that so we will see what comes from that. They have started building a real nest rather than using a box or bunch of grass hanging in the cage. Hoping, hoping...
Finch_Breeder

Good luck :thumbup:
Birds I own/have owned: Budgerigars, **Zebra Finches**, **Star Finches**, Canaries, Diamond doves... Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested 'too
-Mike-

Return to “Star”