Breeding success

Includes Species Profile.
waynomelb

I have bred my first Yellow Rumps.

After sourcing a Cock Bird form a friend of mine, my pair of Yellow Rumps quickly went to nest and not long after 3 young Yellow Rumps Came out of the nest.

Its times like these when i love Bird Keeping so much. Once i get to 5 posts i will post some pics.

The fun now will be to try and sex the young.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:thumbup: well done! looking forward to the pics ;)
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
VR1Ton

Once they start, you can't stop them, their like Plumheads, once they get going they plug in the energisers & off they go. I bought 6 when I came back from Bundy in '95, ended up with 2 pair, by end of '97 I had 4 prs, & had breed nealy 60, but had trouble moving them in any numbers, due to their lack of popularity, so ended up selling them for $10 each.
mickw

Well VR, we are onto a good strain...........You see folks, both VR1ton & I picked up a pair each at the Grafton Sale from Ken Wagland (Broken Head Aviaries.com) .........Only in March...........mine have built and are sitting tight.........no idea how many eggs or how long......No Fingers policy here.....but they dont build to roost, only if they mean business. :thumbup:
VR1Ton

Good stuff Mick, mine have been playing around, but nothing so far, I think too many furry critters running around at night, just about got rid of most, but the little buggers keep coming back.

Return to “Yellow Rumped”