Help I.D. zebras please

Includes Species Profile.
danischi24

I bought a flock of zebra finches awhile ago but have decided to cut down to the 3 most "valuable" pairs. I don't know much about zebra mutations or what they are worth on the Australian market. Could someone please tell me what colours & sexes I have & which are the 3 pairs most worth keeping? I'm sure there are really knowledgeable people on here, so please give me a hand. There's also a little guy in the 2nd & 3rd photos who is white with darker wings. What colour is that specifically? I have 4 dark birds, though they have differing amounts of black and some have a bit of orange on their cheeks & some don't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMCA26

Top photo 2 left birds are Charcoal cocks and far right bird is a Fawn Charcoal Hen
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
danischi24

So charcoal is better to keep than the pretty diamond looking pieds?
I have 4 black breasted/charcoal & one or two which look like the left bird in the 6th photo.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pic 4 and 5 the bird 2nd from the right and left (in that order) is a pied. Pics 6 and 7 the bird 2nd from the right and on top of the nest/left (in that order) is a fawn pied. Pieds are good to keep as they sell well because they are pretty.
LML
LML

Return to “Zebra”