Some red zeb young

Includes Species Profile.
elferoz777

Some snaps of the young red zebs.

I paired red fronteds that threw red breasted which is a little odd. I havent produced many quality red breasted yet but they are coming. Some of the young are odd colours on the back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Progress pics in a month would be great.
""I paired red fronteds that threw red breasted which is a little odd. I havent produced many quality red breasted yet but they are coming.""
Had something similar with Charcol throwing birds that were half way between Charcol and black breast. And the same with your 2nd statement.
Getting some really nice hens with the cheek patches, and a single charcol fronted, but cocks still just have extra large red bands.
LML
LML
Tass

Hi elferoz

Nice reds , is the aim to get the head and body red and lace effect on the wings like the phaeo. the last photo shows the lace effect, if thats the right description. tass
MuzzaD

An excellent Red Zebra won the Champion Australian Finch at the FSWA show on Saturday. Beat a great lineup of approx 80 Gouldians as well as other Aust finch classes.
elferoz777

MuzzaD wrote: 04 Apr 2017, 12:30 An excellent Red Zebra won the Champion Australian Finch at the FSWA show on Saturday. Beat a great lineup of approx 80 Gouldians as well as other Aust finch classes.
Would love to see this bird.

Any photos posted anywhere online?
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"An excellent Red Zebra won the Champion Australian Finch at the FSWA show on Saturday. Beat a great lineup of approx 80 Gouldians as well as other Aust finch classes."
""Would love to see this bird.""
That makes 2 of us that would love to see pics if available.
LML
LML
MuzzaD

I was corrected at our committee meeting last night. The Red Zeb was Champion Australian Finch but finished 3rd in the overall. Still a lovely bird. Not sure if there is a photo but there is one of the winner of the Red Class in the zebra part of the show and it is from the same breeder so will try and get a photo on this week.
The Federation Zebra show is in WA this year. To be held in Mandurah in August. There will be an exhibit of Red Zebs as they are not ratified as a class for showing in the Fed Show yet.

Return to “Zebra”