Purple-crowned Wrens

This is the forum for any topics/posts regarding Softbills, Weavers or Whydahs that do not currently have a species profile of their own. If you wish to complete a profile feel free to do so, on completion send it to Admin for correct placement on the forum.
Tintola

Yes Pete, a bit bigger than a Variegated. They are the largest of the fairy wrens.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

almost a small chicken then as I think varigated are big.. haha. wish I had the time for more, one day , I will just have to watch yours ... pete
COUNTRY CAPITAL

hope the purple-crowns have settled in well tintola, beautiful birds.
i also hope you are grooming an offspring/apprentice to one day hand over the reins to(danny does'nt count....likes lizards too much).
a lifetime of experience with more challenging birds in captivity needs to be treasured.
saw my first pekins and red-crested's in the flesh just this week so hopefully there are enough dedicated breeders that can keep the rarer birds going in auz.

i'm sure you are not short on friends, but at least you have aff friends via cyberspace who do'nt know you that well.... :angel:
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
Tintola

COUNTRY CAPITAL wrote:hope the purple-crowns have settled in well tintola, beautiful birds.
i also hope you are grooming an offspring/apprentice to one day hand over the reins to(danny does'nt count....likes lizards too much).
a lifetime of experience with more challenging birds in captivity needs to be treasured.
saw my first pekins and red-crested's in the flesh just this week so hopefully there are enough dedicated breeders that can keep the rarer birds going in auz.

i'm sure you are not short on friends, but at least you have aff friends via cyberspace who don't know you that well.... :angel:
Thanks for your interest C.C. Not only do I know how to make friends, but I also know how to keep them, unlike some vets that I know. :silent: :shifty: Back to the wrens. I can't believe my luck (or good management). I picked them up from the airport on Wed night, put them in their well prepared aviary on Thurs morning, by Sat the hen was carrying nesting material, by Mon she had started a nest in the base of a clump of matt rush, (Lomandra). Ten days after I put them in she was sitting on four eggs, two of which hatched on the fifteenth day of incubation and both of them fledged three days ago. See attached photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
west finch

Well done Tint , your a living legend :thumbup:
Work smarter not harder !
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations Well Done :thumbup:
COUNTRY CAPITAL

thats great news :thumbup:
they were in a hurry were'nt they.
hope they are devoted parents.
thanks for the pics, like all young-uns they sure are cute little fluff-balls.
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
Diane

Tintola wrote:I picked them up from the airport on Wed night, put them in their well prepared aviary on Thurs morning, by Sat the hen was carrying nesting material, by Mon she had started a nest in the base of a clump of matt rush, (Lomandra). Ten days after I put them in she was sitting on four eggs, two of which hatched on the fifteenth day of incubation and both of them fledged three days ago.
Well freighting those two didnt put them off their stride.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Tintola

Thanks C.C. :thumbup: Dianne, funny that you should mention it, but they never bred for the person that I received them from.
Netsurfer

Good job Tintola, you may get another clutch or two before the end of the season, end of April. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “For any species not listed below”