Masked weaver nesting building video

This is the forum for any topics/posts regarding Softbills, Weavers or Whydahs that do not currently have a species profile of their own. If you wish to complete a profile feel free to do so, on completion send it to Admin for correct placement on the forum.
Diane

Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
timh

Hi Diane,

What a cool clip?? Thanks for posting :thumbup:

Tim
Craig52

Thanks Diane,i also watched 'Keeping and Breeding Finches' the South African way3,for the last one and half hours,fantastic. Cheers Craig
Diane

E Orix pointed me in the right direction
Diane
SamDavis

crocnshas wrote:Thanks Diane,i also watched 'Keeping and Breeding Finches' the South African way3,for the last one and half hours,fantastic. Cheers Craig
I wonder if the "Keeping and Breeding Finches' the South African way" titles are legally on YouTube given that the DVDs are still widely advertised and distributed? No doubt someone on AFF knows the copyright owner and can check.
E Orix

Sam
I will contact Eelco and find out.
I presume you are saying that his DVD's have been downloaded which shouldn't be allowed.
It's like a lot of things being copied, I was with Howard Robinson and he was seeing what designs of his were for sale in Kruger.
There were several all copied out of China apparently. No revenue for his designs
By the way that clip came from Eelco so it wasn't pirated.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And all done with just a beak. While we humans would need two hands, and not do a better job. :soppy:
LML
LML
SamDavis

E Orix wrote:I presume you are saying that his DVD's have been downloaded which shouldn't be allowed.
The DVD has certainly been uploaded to YouTube, whether it is legal or not is another issue. Perhaps the copyright owner (Eelco) has given permission, but I see no evidence of this.
E Orix wrote:It's like a lot of things being copied, I was with Howard Robinson and he was seeing what designs of his were for sale in Kruger.
There were several all copied out of China apparently. No revenue for his designs.
I've had my books appear on foriegn websites over the years and have also had highly respected schools use my texts without ever purchasing a copy. When it's your livelihood you become vigilant. In most cases the infringement stops (or is better hidden!) once detected but compensation is unheard of.
I just looked up Howard Robinson - http://www.howardrobinson.info/ Wow. I see why the Chinese (and others) would plagiarise his work - it must be a nightmare for him.
E Orix wrote:By the way that clip came from Eelco so it wasn't pirated.
I understand. The weaver clip seems to be clearly uploaded from Eelco on behalf of the RFCG.
Diane

I did check before putting the link on that it was a youtube video and on public domain by using a search using some word from the title. Also noted the video clip was posted by Eelco, although I did wonder about the copyright of the dvd that has been mentioned.
Diane
E Orix

I have sent an email to Eelco for his comment

Return to “For any species not listed below”