'YELLOW' CARDINAL

This is the forum for any topics/posts regarding Softbills, Weavers or Whydahs that do not currently have a species profile of their own. If you wish to complete a profile feel free to do so, on completion send it to Admin for correct placement on the forum.
arthur

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techands ... smsnnews11

'Yellow' Virginian Cardinal . .

Eyes look black, and red remains 'red' in lutinos . . also a cock (hens are brown) . . so looking elsewhere as to genetic inheritance

On a slightly different tack; it doesn't seem so long ago that Bob McGregor-Lowndes of Toowong Aviaries fame, won the champion bird title at the Brisbane Exhibition with a Virginian Cardinal . . though it is 'give or take' 50 years
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's beautiful regardless of what his mutation is. :thumbup:
LML
LML
arthur

The Yanks are not allowed to keep any of their native birds in captivity . .

And that may be no bad thing, given their obsession with the breeding of HYBRIDS (parrots . .)

But I'd bet that if a similar scenario was played out in an Aussie birdkeeper's garden . . . . .

No . . I won't go down that path . . Get behind me :evil: . . :silent:
Craig52

Been there done that Arthur with the yellow body red brow. :cry: That cardinal has been posted in social media, maybe why there hasn't been much attention on here. It is a nice bird. Craig

Return to “For any species not listed below”