Branchez Chaffinches

For questions about any species that doesn't have it's own area and for general information on foreign birds.
Brooksy

Was just around Jacks place today and he showed me his Chaffinches nest, we then sat down and watched them court. The hen would crouch low shake her tail the cock bird would quickly fly in and do his business then quickly take off, must of done it 6 or 7 times. Their courting is a lot different than other finches. Fingers crossed jack :thumbup:
Spitfire

Jacks Chaffinches must be in Love and Respectful to one another, all of the one's I ever had were rapin molestin maniacs. The latest episode I encountered, I lost a hen, bought a new hen
placed it in an adjoining aviary for 3 weeks next to the cock bird, after putting together, they spent 3 days in harmony , on the 4th day I was out all day, came back and the hen bird was dead.
Killed by an assassin. Sold the cock to the breeder where I bought the hen bird, 2 weeks later cockbird is dead at the hands of a new hen it was paired with. Instant Justice.
And they say the Crimson is a killer, They have never seen a Chaffinch in full wardance. Again only SOME.

Return to “Non Specific Questions”