Green Singers

Includes Species Profile
driver

I have a pair of green singers for 2.5 years , they have never bred and I keep them in a mixed aviary collection. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or need to add something to the diet or maybe they are not compatible. Open to any ideas Cheers.
alvin

Breeding season almost done . Is the Cock singing and feeding the hen, if so get a wire cup nest , open up some white cotton balls and coconut fibre, put in wire holder and hang up in aviary. I do this in March and within days I have nests. Have 12 young from 2 pairs this season
driver

Thankyou Alvin I haven't noticed the cock feeding the hen but will keep watching eye out next season and thankyou for the tips
arthur

Make sure it is natural cotton . .

Synthetic fibres can wrap around feet and legs causing circulation problems and loss of toes
Ian Hamilton

I know this post is well out of date, however i was reading that cobwebs for wrens, robins & honey-eaters is like a an "aphrodisiac" when it comes to nest building material. I then recalled the countless 'old-school' books of how finches will use them too. So a grabbed a forked stick & went around all my eaves & fences & collected them up. I mounted the stick in a piece of conduit affixed in the aviary. Well the Singers love it - so you may wish to try it.
collector_and_buyer

Can guarantee that Siskin's also absolutely love spider web.Give it a go,nothing to lose.

Return to “Green Singer”