How to breed Java Sparrows.

Includes Species Profile
Tintola

1. Throw a few in together.
2. Feed them on bread crusts, trodden on ice cream cones and some lawn clippings.
3. Water should be old dish washing water with food scraps in it thrown onto some concrete. They will also bathe in this.
4. Nesting can be a bit trickier. Supply any old crevice or hole and some trash ( drinking straws, paper, wrappers etc) to build their nests with.
5. Stand back and wait.
Works well in the back streets of Honolulu, they are everywhere along with Red crested Cardinals that sit on the tables like sparrows and beg for food as do Red-vented Bulbuls and thousands of St. Helena Waxbills . Tough as. I think we might be on to something here. Crying now, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: better go bang my head on a wall for a while. Pics to follow on a couple of weeks.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
COUNTRY CAPITAL

sounds like we have a tintola on the loose o/s :mrgreen: ....border security to attention!
he may be the one with the grey/white dreadies and the trenchcoat ....thats no disguise either.
send us poor winter-ridden souls some happy snaps....
oh and enjoy yourself!
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
Tintola

Thanks CC, Oh, and I am enjoying the trip. In Las Vegas at the moment, one night only, not interested in gambling. Just the bird life. Found a trail of feathers but it turned out to be just a moulting show girl. Not exactly a haven for birds.
tonytoast

Tintola wrote:Thanks CC, Oh, and I am enjoying the trip. In Las Vegas at the moment, one night only, not interested in gambling. Just the bird life. Found a trail of feathers but it turned out to be just a moulting show girl. Not exactly a haven for birds.
Careful with your disclosure here.........what happens in Vegas............... :shh:
Tintola

Haha Tony. There is chapel down in the lobby, but I can't tell you too much. :yawn:
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The hangover 4 when Tintola strikes back, have fun ...
COUNTRY CAPITAL

chapel !!!! vegas !!!!
sounds like someone's getting hitched....noooooo .....!!!
rumour has it you are pretty good with the "birds" tintola.
if their's already a "mrs tintola" i'm sorry....for her mainly :angel:
make sure you censor those happy-snaps.... :thumbup:
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
Tintola

Hitched???? Nooooo, never. Just a few Christmas in July desecrations to attend to, that's all. :shifty:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"2. Feed them on bread crusts, trodden on ice cream cones and some lawn clippings.
3. Water should be old dish washing water with food scraps in it thrown onto some concrete. They will also bathe in this.
4. Nesting can be a bit trickier. Supply any old crevice or hole and some trash ( drinking straws, paper, wrappers etc) to build their nests with."
You mean I have been unneccessarily supplying seed and greens, clean water, dried grasses etc? Who would have guessed. Somehow I don:t think I will try the above husbandry.
Have a good holiday, and think of us poor souls back here freezing our buts off from time to time.
LML
LML
Tintola

I don't suggest that anyone does try the above husbandry but it just goes to show how tough these little birds are. I also saw the at the top of Diamond Head in Honolulu. very dry, arid and windy....thriving. :roll:

Return to “Java Sparrow”