One Male two hens

Includes Species Profile
bleeding green

Does this work with RFPF? I had two pairs in my avairy but last week lost one of the males. The remaining pair now have young in the nest. Just wondering if there is any chance of spare hen borrowing the remaining male? This particular male is very hands on with his young so if it comes down to the individual bird I'd think he wouldn't be a candidate (silly bugger).
Am I better off removing the spare hen? I don't want to introduce another male now and I don't have anymore room so if I have to more her out she has to go to the old man's where she may be paired up in one of his mixed collections.
Buzzard-1

In the context of the dilemma. There is a fair chance if she's ready he will oblige. If you don't want more nests remove to be sure. If you don't care either way leave her there. fair chance the others will be fledged by the time this setting hatches if it happens at all.
bleeding green

She hasn't shown any signs of going down. So I'll leave her there and with luck she may catch the nesting bug? These youngs are a week old so I'd be very surprised if she beats them.

Return to “Red Faced Parrot Finch”