Neighbours Ruddies

Includes Species Profile
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Neighbour has had no luck with her 1pr Ruddies....She has Goulds (white breasted and normal/splits? about 9pr)... Seagreen RFParrot Finches 1pr...in a fairly large aviary (4x4m maybe to small for the amount of birds) yet the Ruddies dont seem interested, this is year 3 for them now and have laid one clutch of infertile eggs first year after fully colouring up....I have given her all the hints that I do to breed them but hers are just not interested...they just sit up on the perch preening each other...unlike mine which were always moving around...They get the usual finch fare plus greens, calcium, eggshells, sprouted seeds, wild grass seeds etc..Any Thoughts??
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
roma9009

Do they get any livefood?
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No livefood...she doesnt like bugs lol
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Suerus

I am a bit the same way in regards to bugs! - but have had my Ruddies. orange breasts and cordons breed with a little insectivore powder in with the soft food instead
wildbill

tell her to start feeding then lettuce..............it hasn't hurt the 30 i have or for that matter the pied diamonds and the blue gouldians. i use coss lettuce and even when i did feed termites and called it quits they just ate more lettuce and the lebanese cucumber.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wildbill wrote:tell her to start feeding then lettuce..............it hasn't hurt the 30 i have or for that matter the pied diamonds and the blue gouldians. i use coss lettuce and even when i did feed termites and called it quits they just ate more lettuce and the lebanese cucumber.
Thanks I will tell her that...but I think she does feed it, I will check it out... :thumbup:

Return to “Ruddie/Firefinch”