strange nesting spots

Includes Species Profile
Hvfinchy

Looked out in the aviary this afternoon and here are my young ruddies sitting down in the corner with grass around them and a heap of feathers in it, now they have plenty of nest boxes, coconut shells , brush etc. i think they are just a bit young.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hvfinchy wrote:Looked out in the aviary this afternoon and here are my young ruddies sitting down in the corner with grass around them and a heap of feathers in it, now they have plenty of nest boxes, coconut shells , brush etc. i think they are just a bit young.
What else is in the aviary? its size? something maybe bullying them?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Hvfinchy

Honestly i think after putting the feathers in the receptacle yesterday , a heap blew down on the floor and i just think they were down on the ground and i just happened to see them.
Hvfinchy

Nothing is threatening them, today a few times i walked past and they were up with the others.
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

is the male fully coloured , if he is he is old enough as they can take a while to fully colour ..Pete
Nova

I use an onion bag to hold my feathers in. Hang it up somewhere and watch as they pick the feather they want and extract it. Cut down on the mess big time.
Jason300

My pied ruddies have built a nest in a pot plant in the aviary at the base of the plant on the soil in the pot

Return to “Ruddie/Firefinch”