Thinking of getting some?

Includes Species Profile
Finch_Breeder

This quote from vettepilot_6 has changed my mind about keeping them with stars...
(Quote) "I also found a lot of times they will roost in other finches nests...not good if you have Stars on eggs :problem: " (Quote)

I might house them in the other aviary :think:
Birds I own/have owned: Budgerigars, **Zebra Finches**, **Star Finches**, Canaries, Diamond doves... Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested 'too
-Mike-
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What size aviary are the Stars in ?
Finch_Breeder

2.5m wide, 2m deep and 2.7m high.
Birds I own/have owned: Budgerigars, **Zebra Finches**, **Star Finches**, Canaries, Diamond doves... Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested 'too
-Mike-
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have a pair in an avairy of 2m square with 3 pair of Gouldians and they did take over the dominant pairs nest, but now they have all settled down. So the key, I have found is give lots of nests to choose from and once they have they will behave.
LML
LML
Finch_Breeder

finchbreeder wrote:I have a pair in an avairy of 2m square with 3 pair of Gouldians and they did take over the dominant pairs nest, but now they have all settled down. So the key, I have found is give lots of nests to choose from and once they have they will behave.
LML
Thanks fb :thumbup: :thumbup:
-Mike-
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

finchbreeder wrote:I have a pair in an avairy of 2m square with 3 pair of Gouldians and they did take over the dominant pairs nest, but now they have all settled down. So the key, I have found is give lots of nests to choose from and once they have they will behave.
LML
All good provided you remove all Society young after weaning otherwise they take over as well...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Aussie_Bengo

Finchbreeder,

I hope you get hold of some nice Bengalese.I agree with both F_B and VP If you have birds that have paired off and have found their own nesting place they will generally keep to themselves I think the key is managing young, removing them into a holding flight once fully fledged and not letting things get out of control.

All the best.
Finch_Breeder

Thanks Bengo :thumbup:
-Mike-
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh yeah. I learn fast to ring and remove young to the holding avairy. Just did the latest young catch, ring, record and move yesterday. Left the young Gouldians with their folks but moved all but the single Bengo chick. Still a bit underdone.
LML
LML

Return to “Society Finch”