Tri Colour master builder?

Includes Species Profile
Zeddy

Well I have put the emu feathers into the cage and I an having to fill it up every two days with another handful the inmates are going nuts for them.
My tri colours are still looking to nest and showing me the signs I will see soon I hope

Even my stars are getting in the action as you can see I dont think they will be able to get into the dam nest soon :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elferoz777

Its like a drug to some species...

My zebs before I sold them made a massive nest almost entirely our of the feathers..needless to say it was the most flexible nest I have ever seen..

good luck!

I find out this weekend if my tris have chicks or just clear eggs
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Zeddy

Well a little update for you all my TCPF seem to be down on eggs at the moment. Funny thing is that the male has built 3-4 nests and they now have eggs in the above pic basket!, I thought the stars were the culprits but I ended up getting some coco fiber and they TCPF built more onto that nest and now have 3 eggs so far!!!
mattymeischke

Well done, good luck.

Now keep your fingers crossed and stop looking!

mm.
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
Zeddy

Yeah not taking any risks with them at the moment I know she is in that nest now and the only time I go past it is to place the green food in the morning :D its going to be good to see if they have young
elferoz777

I just threw out my TCPF eggs as they were all clear or dry. :crazy:

very annoying that they get most things right...maybe a dud male
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

elferoz777 wrote:I just threw out my TCPF eggs as they were all clear or dry. :crazy:

very annoying that they get most things right...maybe a dud male
Male isn't overweight?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best of luck Zeddy with TCPF
Zeddy

Just an update all the eggs were clear :thumbdown: o well they seem to be looking to nest again at this stage lets hope they get it right this time
BlackCobra

Zeddy wrote:Well I have put the emu feathers into the cage and I an having to fill it up every two days with another handful the inmates are going nuts for them.
My tri colours are still looking to nest and showing me the signs I will see soon I hope

Even my stars are getting in the action as you can see I dont think they will be able to get into the dam nest soon :lol:
Zeddy I ment to say something before, but I worry about the nests so close to the roof, even with my double roof, I still keep the nest off the roof as heat rises & we get radiant heat at the top of the roof & off the walls.

Return to “Tri Coloured Parrot Finch”