Late in season

Includes Species Profile
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its a bit late in the season but pretty chuffed 3 tri colours fledged while I was away at work last week.... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

Well done VP, it's always when you're not home but great surprise when you get home. :thumbup: Craig
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Craig52 wrote:Well done VP, it's always when you're not home but great surprise when you get home. :thumbup: Craig
Yep agree..was good to see them flitting around the aviary (male is frantically building a nest again so looks like they are going down again)....also heard stars been fed today so hoping weather stays warm enough for them too.. :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
paintedfiretail

Hi vettepilot
Dont know how many pairs of tri colour p/f you are running and with them also looking at
going down again be aware of immature tri cocks harassing 1-4 day old fledglings buy
trying to mate with them.I had this problem about eight years ago, had left about
12 young in breading aviary and lost a lot of 1 -4 day fledglings [assumed hens] so now
I remove them as soon as possible. you learn by your mistakes
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

paintedfiretail wrote:Hi vettepilot
Dont know how many pairs of tri colour p/f you are running and with them also looking at
going down again be aware of immature tri cocks harassing 1-4 day old fledglings buy
trying to mate with them.I had this problem about eight years ago, had left about
12 young in breading aviary and lost a lot of 1 -4 day fledglings [assumed hens] so now
I remove them as soon as possible. you learn by your mistakes
Yeah I always remove young once weaned thats why I have holding aviaries so they can colour up and I can pick the best ones...and one pair per aviary... :thumbup:

Return to “Tri Coloured Parrot Finch”