Roosting Nest?

Includes Species Profile
iaos

Just an update. At this point in time they/she appears to be sitting tight. fingers crossed.
Cheers
iaos

Well the last lot of eggs were clear and i let them go down again (i left a nest in with them).

They laid 3 more eggs, 2 dead in shell (very undeveloped) and one hatched about 5 days ago. With the current weather, the fact that my pair appear to be light sitters and that there was only one hatchling, i put an oil heater out with them (i couldn't help myself). Unfortunately I got home this afternoon and it was dead and out of the nest :thumbdown: . There was food in the crop. Not sure if it got too cold for it. Today has been the nicest day since it hatched.

Oh well, these things happen. At least I know the pair are fertile. I'll now give them a break over winter and try again in the spring.
GregH

Damned shame. Hope you have better luck next time. Just make sure your hen getsplenty of calcium if she keeps laying over winter as she may get egg bound.
iaos

Thanks Greg. Hopefully the lack of nest will get them out of breeding mode but if she keeps trying to lay i'll split them up.
Cheers

Return to “Tri Coloured Parrot Finch”